Giving is Possible with God
[Guest post by Ifeoma Samuel: I thought this was a great post to kick off our Christmas guest post series, “The Gifts God Has Given You.” Let’s remember that anything is possible with God!]
I am a passionate Sunday school teacher. I love my Sunday school kids, so I call them my kids. I see them as cute little projects in God’s hands. Earlier in the year, God had laid it in my heart to bless all my kids with Bibles. There are quite a lot of them — over 45 in number.
I had look beyond the cost of purchasing these items. Trusting God for a miracle was all I had to do. As I obeyed, God led my feet to someone who undoubtedly gave her heart to fulfilling this assignment.
As I spoke with this person, Lauren, without hesitation God used her and she agreed to help. Other people also made donations. God had people ready and waiting for the go-ahead. There was great grace for the assignment. Alas! It happened.
I learned a big lesson. God had proved to me that if he sends you, He will without fail make all else available. Just trust him and obey.
All my kids received their Bibles. It was a surprise. Their eyes lit up like little torches. There are no words to express how I felt. This scripture popped up in my head.
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40
When God nudges you to meet a need, He gives you the provision. Obey and trust Him. He will raise helpers that will gracefully bring that desire to pass.
As we prepare to shop for gifts this wonderful season, I would like you to have this in mind.
- Reaching out should be from the heart. Don’t do it to impress people.
- God rewards you. God’s Commendation should be sought after rather than praise from people.
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward. Matthew 10:42
- When you give with love, you address a need. You shouldn’t give amiss; it’s like you read the receiver’s heart.
- Be a compassionate giver. When you give out of compassion, you give out a part of your heart. People can see the sincerity of your love.
- There is joy in giving. When you cheerfully obey the Holy Spirit in your giving, the joy you experience is inexplicable. Nothing gives more joy than seeing your gift mean so much to the person that received.
- Your actions and words are of more value than the gifts you bear. A warm hug, tender kisses, kind words, hearty smiles, etc. reflect your thoughts.
There are a lot of ways to reach out to people in this festive season. Step out of your regular routine. This Christmas should not be all about your family and friends. Reach out to the unreached. Give hope to the hopeless. Allow God use you as a vessel unto honour.
Ifeoma Samuel is privileged to be a woman after God’s heart. She is happily married to her sweet heart, Obiora and serves the Lord fervently in children’s ministry as a Sunday school teacher. She is also a Christian blogger and writer. You can find her blogging regularly at Purposeful and Meaningful.
This guest post is part of the first-ever Devotional Diva Christmas guest post series entitled, “The Gifts God Has Given You.” Look for more posts with this theme now until December 23rd!