1. First Things First. Seek God first and the rest will fall into place (Matthew 6:33).
2. Be A Follower. Disciple = follower. It’s not a spiritual term. You follow people on Twitter and Facebook, so why not be mindful to follow God?
3. Don’t Be Ashamed. Of small or new beginnings (Zechariah 4:10). Of your weaknesses. “God is weak and powerless in the world, and that is exactly the way, the only way, in which he can be with us and help us” (Dietrich Bonehoeffer).
4. If you’re bored, God’s bored. My best friend Monique told me this a long time ago and it stuck. This year, use firm resolve and don’t break devotional time with God. Be creative versus repetitive. Worship versus legalism. Devotional versus obligation.
5. Ask. If you need help; ask. God will never judge you for asking (James 1:5).
6. Community Counts. We need people. I’s okay to ask others for help. People are not mind readers. If you don’t tell others, how will they know to ask (Hebrews 10:25)?
7. Try New Things. Use your senses. Go on a field trip. Discover the world, and get to know why God is good.
8. Find Your Promise. There are a million promises. Treat your Bible as a text book and underline all your favorite verses. Hold God to them, and watch how God remains faithful to His promises in your life.
9. Play. This world is too hard and too short not to play. Buy a Nerf gun, play with a puppy, and smell the roses!
10. Fall In Love. There’s nothing that compares with falling in love…with God!
11. Give Yourself Grace. Saying “no” is hard, but saying “no” now means you can say “yes” later. It’s okay to give yourself the same grace you give others. “Not only action, but also suffering is a way to freedom” (Dietrich Bonhoeffer).
12. God Is The Beginning And The End. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). That means that January 1-December 31st is all under His control.
[Photo taken from Pinterest]